Sunday, November 8, 2009

A Picture is Worth a Thousand Smells

Not that I havent been eating or cooking, but I have been unmotivated to write. Maybe nothing has been inspiring me or maybe I am just lazy. With the changing of the seasons, a lot of people have been down and getting sick, im my opinion daylight savings is total bull shit. I will try to put together some more substantive posts in the coming days, but in the mean time I wanted to share with everyone a picture essay of my visit, a while back, to an Indian grocery store that I found up by my sisters in Thornhill.

I was lucky enough to have an Indian friend of my sisters, and her two cute sons, join us to give us a tour of some of the ingredients. She cooks mostly vegetarian at home and one day soon, I hope to return with her to buy ingredients and cook together. I would like to learn more about this type of cooking and hope to learn some tricks to make decent Indian food at home. I hope she knows some good meat recipes as well, as we all know I need my meat.

Enjoy...

Get the flash player here: http://www.adobe.com/flashplayer


As a P.S. they have wonderful cheap samosas, I will have to go back to buy some pakoras very soon.

Peace, Love and Ice Cream.

2 comments:

  1. Ah hoy hoy. What was the name of the grocer?

    Fresh from the market,

    M

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is called M India Food Centre, at Centre and Dufferin in Thornhill. A great find for sure. :)

    ReplyDelete